Thanks for stopping by! We're two cousins who love to craft on the cheap and share our ideas. We'd love for you to stay awhile, pull up your Pin it! button, sewing machine, and let us know what you think!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Tour 2012

Okay since it’s Christmas Eve, I thought I’d show you my house. I make no guarantees I’ll be back this week, so Merry Christmas!

Coming in the garland hung front door:

Christmas Tour (6)

There’s snowflakes window decals hung by some girls that can’t go much higher than 4 feet on a chair, so they don’t go too high. There’s garland hung over the front door curtain rod, just because.

Then, where our Halloween/Fall tree was hung, I have an awesome felt tree

Christmas Tour (7)

It’s a weird angle cuz there were some heavy things in front that I didn’t feel like moving all the way….My mom made this for us and it was our advent calendar growing up. I let the girls redecorate it as much as they wanted to, and they left the real tree alone.

Christmas Tour (8)

This is sitting on my kitchen table, to add a little Christmas cheer.

Christmas Tour (9)

Then, by the fridge, there’s the advent calendar I made last year. It’s survived 2 moves so far!

Walking into the family room area….

Christmas Tour (5)

On the window sill, there’s the book ornaments and tree I made last year. They needed a little TLC but they survived. Then, our TV armoire is festive:

Christmas Tour (4)

You can’t tell, but there’s some felt mistletoe hung on the handle. That’s where the girls wanted to hang it, but it makes it awkward to kiss under Smile Right to the side is the Christmas books the girls got to open every day. They loved that, so I think that helped them leave the presents alone!

Onto the main event:

Christmas Tour (2)

The tree! It has our old stockings hung on the tree. The girls were playing that yesterday, and I think it’s cute. I love the tree reflected in the mirror behind it too. And do you see what’s hanging on the mirror?

Christmas Tour (3)

Good ol’ Rudolph. It was a shape that Cricut let you cut free for a week. I wanted to throw the Cricut across the room in frustration because it couldn’t cut the CONSTRUCTION PAPER!! Don’t get me started on that. I want a Silhouette so bad!!! Maybe Santa will bring me one Smile

Anyway, on to the house.

Christmas Tour (1)

Yes, I even decorated the treadmill. It’s still useable!

Christmas Tour (11)

There’s the mesh wreath I made. I just added a glittery poinsettia sprig and some green glitter wire ribbon.

Christmas Tour (10)

Here’s my pretend mantel. I was going for red and gold. It was fun, but I never really finished it. On the right is a fun Christmas to-do list from my friend Natalie. (nope not the Nat I’m cousins with), and the nativity vinyl and Believe block are gifts from year’s past, and the cute Elf saying is from my friend Rhonda.

Christmas Tour (12)

The red ruffle tree was something I made this year,

Christmas Tour (13)

And so was the gold bead one. I was going to make a whole forest, but then decided to sew a bunch of crazy dresses instead.

IMG_2217

We saw this lovely (expensive!) tree at Tai Pan just after Christmas and my oldest fell in love.

Finally, in the girl’s room, they have quite a few little decorations, but the one they were most excited about was the cupcake candy tree we put together.

Christmas Tour (14)

It’s the tree I bought for Valentine’s fun this year. I have a candy garland my mom passed on to me, and we put a bunch of small ornaments on it, and then made several cupcakes and candies to put on.

Christmas Tour (16)

This was is my favorite cupcake.

Christmas Tour (15)

And we put ribbon on the outside to make it that much more fancy. I could’ve sworn I took some pictures when we were making the candy and the cupcake, but the cupcakes were out of felt, the candy was milk carton lids and the cardboard part of a tape tube painted and paper put over the holes, and then swirls from paper, wrapped up in cellophane.

Christmas Card Display

Speaking of ribbon, this is how I displayed the cards we got this year. A ribbon pinned on the top and bottom of the (laundry closet) door, and then using 1-3/4” clothespins I finally found at Michaels. So Merry Christmas! Hope it’s great, and I’m excited to post some pictures of my little princesses in their new dresses!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know what you think! We read and appreciate all of your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...